Learn how to improve your health and well-being with this list of Seven Alkalizing Foods for Radiant Health. Add these foods to your daily diet and discover the fundamentals of alkalizing your body!
We know you’ve heard the term “Alkalizing Your Body” for quite some time, but what is this whole process all about? Your body needs to be able to keep the levels of certain chemicals and compounds at a near steady state in order to function properly. Certain fluids, your blood for example, need to stay slightly alkaline in order to achieve this homeostasis. If a compartment of the body becomes too acidic, functionality can be hindered. In short, if you keep your body properly alkalized, you and your organs enjoy better overall health. The research is still up in the air, and some claims just aren’t true, but eating these Seven Alkalizing Foods are definitely beneficial to your overall health.
- Lemons – Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods. Start your morning off with a tall glass of warm Lemon Cayenne Ginger Detox Water to enjoy all of the amazing health benefits.
- Leafy Greens – Greens such as kale, swiss chard, and spinach are very alkalizing for your body and also are packed with rich vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals. We recommend adding kale because of all of its super food properties.
- Cucumbers and Celery – These are alkalizing foods that we all have in the refrigerator. They aid in digestion and are practically calorie free.
- Root Vegetables – Rutabaga, radishes, beets, horseradish, carrots, and turnips are another group of alkalizing foods. Try this Gluten Free Beet Crust Pizza to help you get some delicious root vegetables in your life.
- Cruciferous Vegetables – Cabbage, Brussels Sprouts, and Cauliflower are all highly alkalizing foods. These foods neutralize acids and help with digestion. Eat them raw, with some dip, or add them into a salad.
- Avocados – One of our favorite alkalizing foods. Avocados have those good fats that we want in our bodies, and provide us with amino acids and essential vitamins.
- Garlic – Garlic boosts the immune system and is great for overall good health. Try some garlic in this Mushroom Garlic Naan Bread recipe.
We hope you find this list of 7 Alkalizing Foods for Radiant Health helpful in your quest for a healthier, happier you. For more informational posts like this, be sure to stop by our Food and Fitness section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single healthy recipe!
Disclosure: The author of this article is not a trained medical professional, nor a dietician. All of the information in this post is based on research and personal experience.