Tender, seasoned pulled pork, potatoes, cheese, tomatoes, onions, and peppers are folded into a low carb wheat wrap, then lightly fried for a satisfying make-ahead breakfast when you make these Santa Fe Pulled Pork and Potato Breakfast Burritos.
If you’re looking for a simple and hearty breakfast idea that’s unique and breaks the mold of typical breakfasts, look no further because this recipe for make-ahead Santa Fe Pulled Pork, Potato, and Cheese Breakfast Burritos is just what you’re looking for. If you’re making a huge batch for a holiday breakfast, you can simply cook a pork roast and potatoes in your Crock Pot and then follow the rest of the recipe. If you’re like us and just looking for a great way to use up that leftover pork roast and potatoes from earlier in the week, this recipe is quick and simple and great as a make-ahead breakfast for the family. Just use those leftovers and add a few simple ingredients, roll the filling up in tortillas, lightly fry them, and breakfast is ready. These are easy to store in the refrigerator overnight in cling wrap to be heated in the morning in the microwave to make stressing over a healthy breakfast on busy mornings a thing of the past!
- 6 low carb wheat tortilla wraps
- 2 cups cooked pork roast, shredded
- 6 medium-sized red potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan on stove top.
- Add diced onion, jalapeño, and garlic, and sauté until barely tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add diced tomato to pan and cook for 1 additional minute, then remove from heat, and set aside.
- Mix shredded pork, diced potatoes, and cheese in a large mixing bowl until blended. Add vegetable mixture and stir.
- Lay out wheat tortilla wrap and place about 3 tablespoons of the pork mixture along the center.
- Burrito roll to close by tucking in both small ends over the mixture and then rolling the wrap lengthwise around the mixture, making sure to keep the top and bottom tucked in and closed.
- Repeat until your mixture and tortillas are gone.
- In a large frying pan, heat the remaining olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Place burritos into the pan and fry on one side for about 7 minutes, then flip and fry on the other side for an additional 5 minutes. The burritos should be a light golden brown and the edges will be sealed.
- Serve immediately with low sodium salsa, sour cream, and fruit, or wrap in cling wrap and store in the refrigerator to be heated in the morning.
If preparing as a make-ahead breakfast, remove a prepared, cling-wrapped burrito from the refrigerator and heat in the microwave in the wrap for 1-2 minutes, until heated thoroughly.
We hope you enjoy this simple recipe for Santa Fe Pulled Pork, Potato, and Cheese Breakfast Burritos as much as we do. If you love this breakfast idea, be sure to visit our Breakfast Section for even more like it. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!