Made with naan flatbread, this quick and tasty Prosciutto and Spinach Flatbread Pizza is layered with garlic-sautéed spinach and a variety of white cheeses. It is perfect for dinner paired with a salad, or sliced and served with a glass of bubbly for a hearty appetizer.
15-Minute Prosciutto and Spinach Flatbread Pizza
This quick and tasty Prosciutto and Spinach Flatbread Pizza is layered with garlic-sautéed spinach and a variety of white cheeses. It is perfect for lunch or dinner, or sliced and served as a party appetizer. Trader Joe’s frozen garlic naan flatbread is one of my favorites to use; its soft, chewy texture crisps well and the flavor pairs nicely with our toppings. Feel free to use the naan flatbread of your choice; they are all sturdy enough to stand up to toppings and baking.
If you are looking for a twist on your traditional pizza making, this is right up your alley. All you need to do is sauté spinach and garlic, layer on your flatbread, sprinkle with cheese, and bake. In less than 15 minutes, dinner is served.
What I love about this flatbread pizza is it can be easily customized; my husband and I love artichoke hearts and feta cheese. Adding an extra layer of veggies requires about an additional minute of bake time.
- 2 naan flatbreads - I used Trader Joe's frozen Garlic Naan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves - thinly sliced
- 2 long slices of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 - 2 ½ tbsp freshly shaven parmesan, romano, and asiago cheese blend - I used Trader Joe's
- 2 tbsp fresh mozzarella cheese
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the frying pan.
- Sauté clove slices until slightly brown.
- Add the spinach to the frying pan and sauté until wilted - about 1½ - 2 minutes.
- Remove frying pan from heat and set aside.
- Place flatbread pizzas on a baking sheet or baking stone; I used a baking stone.
- Evenly spread the spinach mixture over both flatbreads.
- Sprinkle the shaved cheese blend evenly over both flatbreads.
- Scoop a tablespoon of fresh mozzarella and crumble into small clumps over one flatbread.
- Scoop a second tablespoon of fresh mozzarella and repeat to the second flatbread.
- Tear each slice of prosciutto into medium pieces and top both flatbreads.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- After cooking for 5 minutes, turn on the broiler.
- Broil until the cheese is nicely melted and slightly brown.
- This only takes a minute or two, so watch carefully so you don't burn your pizzas.
We hope you enjoy this Prosciutto and Spinach Flatbread Pizza recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Dawn Smith from Not Just a Mommy, as much as we do. If you love this recipe, find more like it by visiting our Pizza section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and be sure to like us on Facebook and find us on Pinterest for even more fabulous meal ideas. Enjoy!