These Pizza Veggie Burgers combine all the flavors of everyone’s favorite Italian food in a burger for one fantastic mashup meal. As an added bonus, they’re gluten free, dairy free, and vegan!
Pizza Veggie Burgers: Vegan, and Gluten and Dairy Free!
Who doesn’t love a good burger? Whether you’re a meat eater or not, it’s one of those classic American foods that is kind of required to enjoy at some point during the summertime. I love that burgers can be customized any which way with endless flavors, and currently I am flipping over this rendition that combines a burger with that other ubiquitous fast food: pizza!
Is your mind blown? Well if not, it’s about to be, because what if I told you that you could enjoy all the flavors of this junk food mashup absolutely guilt free? Yep. These pizza veggie burger patties also happen to be dairy free, gluten free, and vegan!
Now, if a gluten free/dairy free/vegan burger is of no interest to you, no worries, my friend! You can easily swap out real cheese for the dairy free kind and regular bread for gluten free with equally delicious results. So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and make some pizza burger magic happen!
Home Chef Tip: If a gluten free/dairy free/vegan burger is of no interest to you, no worries! You can easily swap out real cheese for the dairy free kind and regular bread for gluten free with equally delicious results.
- 1-15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- ½ cup oats
- 1 slice gluten free bread, roughly torn
- ¼ cup oil packed sun dried tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup dairy free shredded mozzarella or Monterey jack style cheese (I used Daiya)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place beans, onions, oats, sun-dried tomato, olive oil, tomato paste, garlic powder, and oregano in a food processor and pulse to combine. Mixture should adhere when pressed together but still retain some texture.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the burger mixture into 4 mounds on the baking sheet, then shape each mound into a patty. Bake the burgers until they’re lightly browned on the outside and feel dry to the touch in the center, about 20 minutes. Serve the patties on buns or lettuce wraps with desired toppings.
We hope you love this simple recipe for Pizza Veggie Burgers from SoFabFood Contributor, Denisse from Le Petit Eats, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to visit our vegetarian section for more recipes like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss out on a single healthy recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!