Peaches and Honey Overnight Oats are the perfect summer make-ahead breakfast. This easy recipe uses fresh, ripe peaches at the peak of their season and is ideal for busy mornings.
Peaches and Honey Overnight Oats
Mornings can be pretty chaotic, even in the summer. There isn’t always time to make a healthy breakfast when there are things to do and places to be. Sure, it’s always easy to reach for a granola bar or some cereal, but why not treat yourself to something delicious, seasonal, and homemade?
It doesn’t have to take much time. In fact, overnight oats are one of the best things ever when it comes to make-ahead breakfasts. Throw everything in a mason jar and you have a filling and nutritional breakfast ready for you when you wake up. No cooking. No fuss. No sweat.
Overnight oats can be made with tons of different ingredients and toppings. These Peaches and Honey Overnight Oats feature seasonal peaches (or nectarines can be used), which are at their peak in July and August. Over at Parsnips + Pastries, everything I make is inspired by beautiful, seasonal produce. It’s amazing how incredible a simple summer peach can be. Mixed with a touch of floral honey, cinnamon, Greek yogurt, and pure vanilla, these oats taste like pure heaven in a mason jar.
Besides being oh-so-easy, overnight oats are an amazing healthy breakfast option. Oats are rich in dietary fiber, which can keep you feeling full longer and seamlessly get you through your busy day. Greek yogurt is full of protein and probiotics. Chia seeds provide a hearty dose of protein, fiber, and Omega-3’s. Then there’s the peaches themselves, which have plenty of potassium, magnesium, calcium, and fiber.
Plus, this recipe is naturally sweetened, which always makes it a better choice than reaching for a sugar-loaded granola bar or bowl of cereal.
I hope you enjoy this seasonal make-ahead breakfast and that it helps you to take on your day ahead!
Home Chef Tip: To make this completely dairy-free, use your favorite type of dairy-free yogurt instead of the Greek yogurt.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Chia seeds
- 1 peach (or nectarine), diced
- For topping:
- Chopped almonds (optional)
- Pour the oats into a mason jar and pour over the unsweetened almond milk.
- On top of that, layer half of a diced peach and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Mix the Greek yogurt in a small bowl with 1-2 teaspoons of honey (to taste) and the vanilla extract. Spoon the honey yogurt on top of the peach.
- Top the yogurt with the Chia seeds, then the other half of the diced peach.
- Drizzle with honey, a pinch of cinnamon, and a tablespoon of chopped almonds (optional).
- Refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!
We hope you love this Peaches and Honey Overnight Oats recipe from SoFabFood Contributor, Tiffany from Parsnips and Pastries, as much as we do. If you like this recipe, be sure to stop by our Breakfast Section for even more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe, and be sure to like us on Facebook and find us on Pinterest for even more fabulous dessert inspiration. Enjoy!