Paleo Tuna Patties
Paleo Tuna Patties can be made in a variety of ways. We love them grilled and served with a salad or wrapped in a big thick lettuce leaf. Paleo Tuna Patties are filled with protein. Making sure you get enough protein in your diet helps you to preserve muscle and burn fat. If you are on the Paleo diet, you are most likely looking for this benefit. Protein also fills you up so that you are less likely to snack throughout the day.
These Paleo Tuna Patties are filled with fresh herbs and can be eaten hot or cold, and leftovers work great in a salad. Tuna has 25 grams of protein in as little as 3 ounces. It also provides you with 153% of your daily intake of Vitamin B-12 and 42% of the Vitamin A needed per day.
- 2 cans Albacore Tuna
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 1 fresh clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Coconut Oil Spray
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, finely chopped
- Stir everything together in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Form small patties with your hands, about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place on parchment-lined plate and put in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Turn grill on medium high heat.
- Spray grill with coconut oil spray.
- Grill for 5 minutes on one side.
- Flip and grill other side for 7 minutes or until golden brown.
If you loved this healthy seafood dinner idea, find more recipes like this in our Seafood and Fish section. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss a single recipe. Follow the fun on Facebook or join our SoFabFood Community on Google+ to share your recipes. Enjoy!