If you’re like the rest of us, you’ve got leftover turkey coming out of every corner of your refrigerator. Want to give that tired old turkey a new twist? This low-sodium, heart-healthy recipe for Turkey Fiesta (Taco) Soup is simple to make and no one will complain about eating leftovers again! This soup takes about 10 minutes to prepare and you can let it simmer in the Crock Pot all day to let the flavors combine or you can cook it on the stove top for an even quicker meal that your family will love.
- 2 cups shredded leftover turkey
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1-6 oz can tomato paste
- 1-4 oz can diced chilis
- 1 can no salt added corn (or you can just use your leftover corn from Thanksgiving)
- 1 can no salt added black beans
- 1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 pkg Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning Mix
- Pour the vegetable broth and tomato paste in to the Crock Pot and stir until blended.
- Mix in the seasoning.
- Add all of the canned vegetables and stir.
- Pour in the turkey and stir.
- Simmer on low setting for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours. Alternatively, you can simmer on the stove top over medium low heat for about an hour.
Serve this soup with some tortilla or corn chips for a fulfilling meal packed with protein and vegetables. This incredibly simple dish gives those leftovers a completely new and spicy twist that your family will love.
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more holiday leftovers and quick family meal recipes! For daily recipe updates, like us on Facebook, follow along on Twitter, and stop by our Google+ Community. Happy holidays and bon appetit!