You’re going to absolutely love these Lemon Garlic Glazed Shrimp Kabobs. The easiest, most delicious way to prepare shrimp is perfect for grilling season and backyard parties this summer!
One of my favorite parts about summer is being able to spend time on our back porch, grilling delicious food, and spending time as a family. While I love the normal BBQ fare, sometimes I like to think outside of the box and make something even more interesting like these Lemon-Garlic Glazed Shrimp Kabobs!
I grew up in a part of Mexico where seafood is very popular, and one of my favorites was always shrimp. My mom taught me many different ways to prepare it, and one of my favorites was to sauté them on the stove with a lemon-garlic sauce. Today’s recipe is a twist on that, because instead of sautéing the shrimp on the stove, I am going to grill them on a skewer with pineapple and mangoes, and then glaze them with a delicious lemon-garlic sauce.
When I am grilling, I always love to have delicious sauces and other condiments to dip the meat and vegetables into. For these shrimp kabobs, the lemon-garlic glaze also serves as a delicious dipping sauce. Although, like I said above, this glaze/sauce is easy to make, it is still definitely a necessary component in order to bring this entire dish together.
Just to give some support to the fact that these are delicious, my husband, who is not a fan of shrimp or any other seafood, even devoured these shrimp kabobs! I was pretty sure that I was going to have to end up making something different for him and my boys, but that ended up not being the case, and we almost didn’t have enough! Keep that in mind when you are making these for your family, because you might want to buy a little bit extra.
I really hope that you enjoy this recipe with your family as much as we did. What is your favorite grilling recipe? Let me know in the comments below!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- ½ Stick Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Juice from one Lemon
- 10-15 Cooked Shrimp (you can use uncooked if you want)
- 1-2 Mangoes, cut into cubes
- 1 Pineapple, cut into cubes
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with the olive oil and sauté the garlic for 3-5 minutes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and add the garlic-butter mixture.
- Mix well and brush over the shrimp and fruit kabobs after grilling.
- Set aside to use for a dip as well. If it starts to thicken, place in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Add the shrimp, the mango, and the pineapple to skewers and grill until the shrimp is fully cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Brush immediately with the lemon-garlic glaze and serve with more on the side.
We hope you love these Lemon Garlic Glazed Shrimp Kabobs from SoFabFood Contributor, Charbel from My Latina Table, as much as we do. If you enjoyed this delicious recipe, be sure to visit our Grilling Section for more like it. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss a single recipe. For daily recipe inspiration, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and stop by our Google+ Community to see all of the amazing recipes our community members are sharing. Enjoy!